Megan Thee Stallion shooter found guilty on all three charges
Tory Lanez is facing 22 years in prison
On Friday, December 23, a jury of seven females and five males found rapper Tory Lanez guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion, in the foot in 2020. The Canadian rapper pleaded not guilty to assault with a semi-automatic firearm, possession of an unregistered and loaded firearm, and discharging a firearm with gross negligence. The jury took one day to return with a guilty verdict on all three charges. Tory Lanez’s sentencing will be on January 27, and he faces up to 22 years in jail for his crimes and will be deported to Canada as soon as his sentence is up.
On a very bad night in 2020, Megan The Stallion confronted Tory Lanez and her ex-friend and assistant, Kelsey Haris, about a relationship. Things got heated in a limousine and Tory shot at the ground and told Megan to “Dance, bi*tch” when she was walking away. Fragments of those bullets hit Megan in the foot. For the two years since then, malicious rumors have been spread about Megan by Tor, Kelsey, and a lot of Hip Hop blogs.
When the guilty verdicts were returned, Megan and her supporters were relieved because they believe that justice has been served. “I want to start by highlighting the bravery of Megan,” District Attorney George Gascón said. “You showed incredible courage and vulnerability with your testimony despite repeated and grotesque attacks that you did not deserve. You faced unjust and despicable scrutiny that no woman should ever face and you have been an inspiration to others across LA County and the nation.”